Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Universal Options Trader

Here’s the lowdown on the Universal Options Trader.

I’ll discuss all aspects of this options trading strategy in my quick review.

Every trader hopes to find the magic system or the “holy grail” that will solve all of their trading pitfalls. I’m no different. I’m always looking for a new strategy, system, tool, or course that will give me the edge and take me to the 80%-95% win ratio (hey no one achieves 100%, I’m realistic). I started to consider myself a successful trader when I hit a 60% winning average, but that doesn’t mean I’m satisfied.

I consider myself an options trader, although occasionally I trade other markets. Therefore, much of my trading is reliant on analysis of the market and a combination of options strategies. That being said I also use a system that triggers entries and exits which makes up my complete trade plan.

I review strategies on a regular basis and knew I had to check out the Universal Options Trader when I received an email about it.

The Universal Options Trader (UOT) was developed by Mike Rykse who is a part of the NetPicks coaching team and staff. NetPicks has been in business for 14 years and seems to still be going strong. They’ve released several systems in the past starting with the Universal Trade Machine. Others include: the Universal Market Trader, the Ultimate Swing Trader, and the most recent UNIVERSAL OPTIONS TRADER. This is the first time to my knowledge that they’ve come out with an Options specific product.

From what I’ve seen so far this is definitely a new approach to the Options market and to Options training in general. I’ve broken the system down into what I see as positives, neutrals and negatives.

POSITIVES: (Get more info at the Universal Options Trader Review)

- You actually have access to the developer, Mike Rykse, to ask your questions and get real guidance.

- It is a simple strategy with plenty of training and one-on-one coaching to get you up and running.

- You receive access to video training, a blog with educational articles and trade walkthroughs, coaching, weekly analysis to your inbox, and you will receive guidance on the best timeframes for you to trade based on your trade plan.


NEUTRALS: (Click here for more info on the UNIVERSAL OPTIONS TRADER)

- It does not include a trading system. It’s training, analysis, coaching, and live trade signals. It doesn’t bother me that there is not a trade system included, since I have a system I’m already comfortable using. It just means I can apply the strategies and use the indicator suite I have in place. I can see though how this would be a drawback for some.

- It’s not an automatic system, you do have to learn the strategy and place the trades. Although, if you just follow the setups in the live trade room you can take the same trades as Mike reviews in the room without having to really understand the market. I would say it’s better to get up to speed on the training first, but if you’re anxious to just get started you can start right away.


NEGATIVES

- Some may consider the fact that there is not a trade system included that it’s a negative, but I like that flexibility to choose whatever system is best for you without having to be forced into buying a new system just because it’s part of this options strategy.
- You do have to put in time to learn the strategies. It’s always difficult to learn something new. You’re retraining yourself to follow a new method, but once you’ve got it down it really is simple. The best part is you have one-on-one access to the developer, so if you have questions there is someone there to help.

BOTTOM LINE:

So far I’ve enjoyed a 15% winning edge using the UOT strategies! Not too shabby in my mind. Anything that bumps up the bottom line is worth keeping, that is until I find the next best thing.

Read more about the NetPicks Options Trading Coach Mike Rykse here.

You can read more about UOT if you click here: UNIVERSAL OPTIONS TRADER Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment